The church is located in the centre of the old village opposite from the Upper Gate (Gornja Vrata) on the square. It was built in 1650 during the Siege of Candida and the plague, and dedicated to the Virgin Mary as an expression of gratitude for protecting the place of the plague. It is also a testimony of the centuries old connection of the people of Sukošan with the Virgin Mary who protected them during troubled times. The church has inbuilt loop holes which make us conclude that it also served as a protective edifice in front of the town's gate. Interesting are also the door-posts, two pre-Romanesque epistyles. These are reliefs from the 9th and 10th century and are undoubtedly originally from the St. Cassian's Church. There used to be a cemetery around the church.
Church of St Cassian 's parish church is located in the old village. Today it is a beautiful stone building with Romanesque and baroque details, which is built according the form of the XVII. century, but to many historians,it became more modest even before the first written monument( 1289.g. ). This is supported by the assumption that the name derived from the name of the San Cassian. Today's appearance received in the year 1642 to be read over the northwest gate, over which is representative of the pediment of the altar wall - the most representative in our medieval art - originated probably in the middle of the 11th century or earlier. The church gave in 1674 parish priest Don Sime Veleslavić, native and Glagolitic, what is evidenced by the solemn Glagolitic inscription in the sacristy.
The church has a single nave from the sanctuary, sacristy and five marble altars. The main altar with a tabernacle which shows the Madonna with St. Cassian,St. Jerome and St. Sime. The marmble statues of St. Cassian and St. Jerome are the work of Leone Botinelli. By the side of the altar, above the sacristy door, there are niches with wooden statues of St. Cassian and St. Joseph. The side walls of the church belong to : the altar of St. Peter and Paul with pale respective saints ; altar of St. Cyril and Methodius with pale ; Sacred Heart with a wooden statue ; Our Lady of Lourdes with a wooden statue as also as St. Anthony and St. Nicholas.
In the church there are two stone bowls built near the side door and large which is independent near the main gate and stone baptismal font. The sanctuary is a stone altar facing the people and the stone ambo. It is built next to the church dating from the 1906th and the 1910th, and was added in the 1970s. draft by renowned architect and conservator Cyril Ivekovic. There are three bells, and Sukošan people are especially proud of the beautiful sound of the bells that still play an important role in everyday life. The yard of the church is surrounded by a high stone wall 'Below bell' which usually serves as a unique stage for many“ a capella“ concerts.The Feast of St. Cassian, the patron saint, is celebrated on August 13th when believers go around the town in a procession carrying his statue.
Situated near the new cemetery. The church was consecrated by Archbishop Marijan Oblak on March 29th, 1987. Its elevated marble shrine altar face the people and the marble ambo. Behind the altar is a painting - intarz wooden Madonna with Child and around the Croatian saints and blessed, the work of artist Milan Nadinić. Next to the church is a small sacristy and bell tower with two bells. Next to it is the 2005th year cultivated environment and built a mortuary.
If you reach Sukošan from the highway, you'll see on a hilltop over the vineyards and olive groves the small church of St. Martin which used to be the parish church of the medieval village of Prljane. There wasa cemetery around it. The edifice of a Romanesque style is located in the area of Kaštelina. The church was first mentioned in 1387 and it witnessed the troubled history of this area and it was completely destroyed several times. The last time was during the Croatian War of Independence by the end of 1991. The local people and the war veterans are convinced that St. Martin protected them during the troublesome period and restaurated the church which was inaugurated on November 11, 2005, on the Feast of St. Martin.
As part of the renovation work, an archaeological survey of the church was carried out. On that occasion, five graves were discovered.
Since 2016, in the church there is a statue of St. Martin, donated by the Ante Dijan family
The holy mass is celebrated in the church on November 11, every year.
This used to be the entry, for example, the exit of the fortified Sukošan and these are also the visible ruins of the protection walls that the place was surrounded with built by the Venetian authorities in 1468-1470 with the purpose of protecting the place and the people.
Across from the summerhouse Palac, on the edifice called „the Bishop's palace“ it stands today unfortunately abandoned, you can find a wonderful example of Croatian heraldry, the stone-carved coat of arms of the archbishop of Zadar Vicko Zmajević.
The beauty of the bay of Sukošan and its mild climate are best represented by the summer villa of the archbishops of Zadar – Palac, built on an islet in the middle of the bay by the end of the 15th century, where the prelates spent their summers. Its humble ruins are the only reminders today but nevertheless point out its grandiosity. The church was built under the direction of the archbishop of Zadar Matheo Valaresso in 1470. It was a rectangular two-floor palace of monumental dimension and the most significant example of rustic architecture. During the Siege of Candida it served to protect the people of Sukošan of the Turkish invasion. Today it is the symbol of our place and our trade-mark. It is an especially beautiful sight to see it in the sunset. In the summer months you can reach the place by swimming.